After 1945, the German State Railway was operated by the occupational forces and was supplemented with the respective abbreviation of the occupied zone. These characteristics disappeared after the ""Deutsche Bundesbahn"" (German Federal Railway) was founded in 1949. At the same time, a new number and designation system for goods wagons was developed. However, this measure had to be dropped for goods wagons that were to travel to West Berlin as the DR in the USSR zone did not accept any wagons with the DB abbreviation. In addition to this, paint coats from peacetime were reintroduced. As a result, refrigerator wagons that were painted concrete grey during the war were gradually repainted white.
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism