With the onset of the industrial revolution, more and more steel works are built in the Saarland. Especially to supply these mills and steel works, the Prussian State Railway bought special coal hopper cars from 1883 onwards. On an undercarriage with a 2,800 mm axle base sat a funnel-shaped structure, which could be unloaded very quickly both via a flap on the left and right and through floor flaps over a deep bunker. With a freight capacity of 13.2 m3 , the cars had a payload of 10 t. As the construction type proved itself in its special area of application, the design was revised and from 1897 onwards a reinforced type was purchased. The cars built according to design IIc12 had a larger hold with a capacity of 15.3 m3 and could now handle a payload of 12.5 t.
- Multi-part, filigree axle bearings
- Body in die-cast zinc
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Separately mounted coach body supports
- Finest metal spoked wheels
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism