In 1883, the "Fettwarenhandlung Rudolf Trautmann jun." Company established an edible oil factory in Mannheim. In 1884, the company took over a factory in Oberturkheim and in 1887, the company which was by this time operating under the name of "Aktiengesellschaft Mannheimer Olfabrik" merged with five other edible oil factories. "Verein deutscher Olfabriken" - VDOM for short. The edible oil produced by VDOM accounted for the majority of the German edible oil consumption. Furthermore, a particularly important by-product was oil cakes that were used as cattle feed in the field of farming. VDOM used a large quantity of private tank wagons for the transport of raw materials and the oil. In 1990, VDOM was sold to the Franco-Italian Eridiana Beghin-Say Group. The company primarily produces biodiesel today.
- Wheelsets in toe bearing
- Extra mounted steps
- Originally reproduced, three-dimensional frame body
- Individually mounted axle box cover
- Brake shoes in wheel plane
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism