From 1952, Waggonbau Niesky built six-axle heavy duty freight cars for the Deutsche Reichsbahn. As the cars provided good service, more vehicles were ordered by the Deutsche Reichsbahn and from 1965 were supplied by wagon factories in Belgium and Yugoslavia. The cars had folding side walls made of steel and were already prepared for the planned installation of automatic couplings. In addition to transporting individual heavy loads, use as work train cars and for transporting railway construction material was also common.
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism