Heavy steam locomotive class 44 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. The model has oilfiring.
Drive on two tender axles and on all five driven locomotive axles via cardan shaft.
* Rich detailing on the model. Many separately applied parts.
* Metal wheels with delicately designed spokes
* Sound Henning
After the end of the war many locomotives of the DR were retrofitted with oil firing. The class 44 formed the backbone of the heavy freight train service until it was replaced by the modern diesel/electric locomotives. Because of their enormous tractive power the locomotives were also called Jumbos. The last Pachyderms were decommissioned at the DR in 1986.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 7
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe steam unit no. 11
- Flywheel - yes