Diesel locomotive 118 552 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. Epoch IV. Motor with flywheel. Drive on four axles. White and red triple LED headlights that change with the direction of travel.
■ Finely detailed model with many separately applied plug-in parts which are partially made of metal
■ 4-axle design with delicate wheel sets
■ With round door cutout
■ Locomotive 2 for the “Regierungszug” from the GDR
■ Perfectly matches the “Tillig-Regierungszug” At the time of the founding of the German Democratic Republic in 1949, the good old train still was the gouvernment's first choice when it came to journeys over longer distances of the president and later the chairman of the state council and the members of the GDR government. From 1966 until 1969, the first newly built saloon coaches were used to form a completely new train and replaced the coaches that have been used earlier. Special locomotives were developed to haul the new saloon coaches. From the diesel locomotives of the series V 180 which were built from 1964 on (later also designated BR 118), only three locomotives were used to haul the government train. The locomotives of the "Regierungszug" were always technically as well as visually well maintained. There were also some differences to her sister locomotives: The numbers of the locomotive plates and the handles were chrome plated. The government train was used a many times but one event still remains a lasting moment: The trip of the East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph to the talks with the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Willy Brandt, in May 1970 to Kassel.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes