Steam locomotive BR 78.0-5 of the Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft (DRG). Epoch II. Metal die-cast chassis. Drive on three axles. Traction tyres. Automatic coupling. Dual headlights. Model with barrel roof and brass coloured lettering of the Epoch II. The Prussian T 18 was the last tender locomotive developed for the Prussian state railways. The locomotive was originally conceived for services on the island of Rügen as a replacement for the T 12 and the T 10. The locomotive emerged when, in 1912, a certain class of locomotive was conceived that was to handle express and passenger trains in border areas or in commuter services on short distances. The design of a tender locomotive with symmetrical chassis was envisaged because, unlike a tow-tender-locomotive, it was able to run equally fast forwards and backwards and also could be operated on return journeys without having to be turned on a turntable. Its power and top speed were to be the same as those of the P 8. Robert Garbe designed this 2'C2' tender locomotive to reach a top speed of 100 km/h with a 17-ton axle load and contracted the Vulkan Werke in Stettin to build it. It was given the designation T 18.
|Number of axles with traction tyres|| ||1|
|Number of driven axles|| ||3|
|Traction tyres|| ||2|
|Head light|| ||2-headlight, not direction dependent|
|Length over buffer|| ||93 mm|