Electric locomotive class 152 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB). Epoch IV.
Model with integrated load sensing digital decoder and with true to the original sound from factory (by LeoSoundLab) .
Drive on four axles. Coupler pocket according to NEM 362 standards and close coupling mechanism. Many separately applied plug-in parts. Functional replica of the jackshaft. Finest spoked wheels made of metal. Braking shoes follow the wheel arche exactly. Plug-in switch.
Snap-in ladders that can be adjusted to any required length. They ensure safe operation on many different model railway layouts and radii.
Model with separately switchable driver's cab lighting.
In the procurement plan for new vehicles of the German Reichsbahn Gesellschaft, was also an electric locomotive for the heavy passenger traffic listed that was to be operated on the electrified mainlines in Bavaria. Numerous designs were considered and a 2‘BB2' locomotive was chosen. It was initially planned that the 2'BB2´ would get the same motors as the goods locomotive series E 91 which was also on the list of procurement. The newly designed locomotive had four small electric motors and was not based on the former design of the locomotive with slowly running high output motors. The engine was placed in two groups on a continuous frame. Each group had two motors that together powered a layshaft via gear wheels. The layshaft again drove a jackshaft via diagonal connecting rods that were coupled to the two driven axles through coupling rods. Not to exeed the maximum allowed axle load the locomotives were each equipped with a two axel running bogie or caster bogie. The locomotive chassis was built onto the frame with the two drivers' cabs at the rear end. The body was built by Maffei and the electric equipment was supplied by WASSEG which was a joint venture of two companies, AEG and SSW. The locomotive, which is one of the most powerful electric locomotives ever built in Germany, with a weight of 140 tons, has a power output of 2,200 kW and achieves a maximum speed of 90 km / h.
The manufacturers delivered the locomotives between the years 1924 and 1925 to the "Gruppenverwaltung Bayern" of the DRG, which still designated them as type EP 5 and then put them into operation with the numbers 21 501 - 535. From 1927 on, they were registered as the E 52 01- 35 locomotives. The vehicles were in operation only on Bavarian lines. The E 52 02, 31 and 35 locomotives were decommissioned due to the end of World War II (before 1945). The remaining locomotives were taken over by the DB and before 1950, the E 52 01, 29 und 32 were also scrapped because they suffered severe damages from the war. The 29 locomotives that were left, were designated in 1968 as the series 152. When new and powerful electric locomotives were in sufficient supply due to the procurement programme of the DB, these heavy locomotives became expendable very quickly. Already in February 1973 the last locomotive from this series, the 152 014, was decommissioned.
|Number of driven axles|| ||4|
|Traction tyres|| ||4|
|Interior fitting|| ||Equipped with interior|
|Interior fitting|| ||Equipped with interior lighting|
|Interior fitting|| ||Driver cabine|
|Coupling|| ||NEM shaft 362 with KK-kinematics|
|LED lighting|| ||yes|
|Switchable interior lighting|| ||yes|
|Interface|| ||Electrical interface on traction units PluX22|
|Digital decoder|| |
|Decoder mode|| ||DCC|
|Head light|| |
|LED head light|| ||yes|
|Length over buffer|| ||198|