DISCONTINUED PRODUCT This product is discontinued and no longer available from the manufacturer. We have qty 1 available in stock in our store.
ON SALE! Most sale items are IN STOCK and ready to ship at the time they are added to your shopping cart (manufacturer/distributor clearance sale items being the exception). No backorders are accepted on sale items unless otherwise specified.
50 years ago, on 4th August 1964, the German Federal Railway commissioned the first of a total of 511 locomotives from the V 90/290 and 291 ranges manufactured by Mak. The locomotives were developed for heavy shunting and transfer work. In order to simplify operation, a number of locomotives were equipped with radio remote control and automatic coupling which was also evident from the outside thanks to the numbers of the new 294, 295 and 296 ranges displayed on the locomotives. The locomotive family continues in reliable service to this very day: Only with the emergence of the new Voith Gravita will DB AG begin to withdraw the first BR 291/295 locomotives from the managed inventory.
- All axles are driven
- All specific details of the 290, 291, 294, 295 and 296 ranges taken into account (e.g. different position of the fan, additional handrails and different bogie equipment)
- Lights equipped with maintenance-free LEDs
- Chassis and gearbox housing manufactured from zinc die-casting
- Etched radiator grille
- Free standing handles and handrails
- Clear view through the driver cabin
- Reproduction of the brake linkage
- Realistic presentation of the bogie frame incl. the axle drives
- Sprung Buffers
- 2 Wheels with Traction Tires
- 360mm Min. Radius
- Motor with Flywheel
- Interior Lighting
- Coupler Pockets without Close Coupling Mechanism
- Directional Triple headlights and double red taillights