After 1945, the Rr were distributed over several European countries. The DB counted around 800 cars in 1952. The most visually conspicuous change was the use of pressed sheet metal. The replacement of the wooden stakes took place from the beginning of the 1950s onwards. However, on many cars the stakes were removed completely. Thus marked as R(o), they were now mainly used for vehicle transport. As with the Gl cars, at the end of the 1950s a decision had to be made as to what should happen to the interchangeable stake cars. It was also decided to dismantle them and rebuild in accordance with UIC directives. Thus from 1959 onwards, new Rlmms 58 were built and the stock of Rr decreased rapidly. Whereas approx. 620 were still in stock on 31.12.1958, in 1964 there were 106. At the end of 1966 there were 26 cars which were now listed as Kklm 433. They were finally retired by 1968.