Steam locomotive 065 001 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
■ New running number
■ The model is equipped with 16 bit sound - for an even better sound quality
■ With onboard decoder and switchable sound functions
■ With silver boiler rings
■ Finely-detailed wheels and trailing wheels with perforated spokes
■ Die-cast metal chassis
The class 65 was part of the new construction programme of the Deutsche Bundesbahn and was first delivered in 1951. The locomotive captivated with a sturdy and elegant look. She preferably operated as a passenger train locomotive with tender in the suburban and city rail traffic in the Ruhr area, on the Odenwahlbahn and the Überwaldbahn. Some locomotives later received push-pull control. The 18 locomotives reached a top speed of 85 km/h and had a power output of 1,089 kW. The last locomotive drove onto the siding in 1972.
- Coupling - In-house produced coupling
- Minimum radius - 192 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Interface - No
- Head light - Both sides of the vehicle are equipped with direction dependent triple headlights.
- Digital decoder - On-Board