4 piece set Diesel multiple unit class 601 "Alpen See Express" of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
The model is equipped with an integrated load sensing digital decoder and true to the original sound from factory.
■ Operation conditions: 1980ies
■ True to origianl livery and lettering
■ Model equipped with interior lighting from factory
■ For the first time with sound effects in both end cars
With the introduction of the series classification table of the DB on January 1st 1968 the powered end cars of the VT 11.5 were renumbered to BR 601, the middle wagons to BR 901. In 1971 the Deutsche Bundesbahn set up the Intercity system as a city express traffic system with 1st class vehicles and a every two hours interval. On average six units were in service every day. After a conversion in 1980, the locomotive operated in the special tourist traffic (“Alpen-See-Express”). Departing from Hamburg and Dortmund the tourist trains ran to popular vacation areas in Southern Germany and Austria.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Coupling - In-house produced coupling
- Minimum radius - 225 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units according to NEM 651 standards with plug-in fixture