DISCONTINUED PRODUCT This product is discontinued and no longer available from the manufacturer. We have qty 1 available in stock in our store.
H0e steam locomotive 399.02 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
* Precise realization of the steam locomotive 399.02. Operation condition: 1980ies.
* The sound has been developed in cooperation with the company Leosoundlab.
At the beginning of the 20th century, powerful narrow-gauge locomotives with "Stütztender"("supported tender") of the class Mh were procured for the mountainous Mariazellerbahn lines. After only a few years the high volume of passengers led to the electrification of the lines between Mariazell and Gusswerk. This was also the reason why the steam locomotives from 1911 on, were only used on the non-electrified branchlines of the Mariazellerbahn from Offer-Grafendorf to Gresten - the so-called "Krumpe". As a result, the Mh locomotives, which had been redesignated by the ÖBB as the class 399 in 1953, also found use on other Austrian narrow-gauge railways. From about 1970 on, the ÖBB transferred most of the vehicle parc of the class 399 to the Waldviertel, and until the 1980s the locomotives managed a large part of the traffic there.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Minimum radius - 261 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX16
- Buffer capacitor - yes
- Sound - yes