Steam locomotive class 50 of the railway company of the German Democratic Republic (Deutsche Reichsbahn).
Drive on two axles of the tender and via cardan shaft on all five drive axles of the locomotive.
• Version with new-built tender
• Finely-detailed model with many separately attached plug-in parts
• With fine metal wheelsets
• Retrofittable smoke generator
In Eastern Germany, the class 50 played a significant role on railways for even longer than in the West. In terms of figures, comparatively few of these locomotive - only 354 - remained in the Soviet occupation zone at the end of the war.
Over time, many different locomotive-tender combinations resulted. After they were phased out, the new construction tenders of the classes 23.10 and 50.40 were frequently placed behind old 50 constructions. However, because there was no continuous rear wall, this combination was not particularly popular,with personnel, above all in winter.
- Coupling: NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius: 358 mm
- Flywheel: yes
- Number of driven axles: 7
- Number of axles with traction tyres: 2
- Scale: 294
- Epoch: IV
- Article number: 70042
- Railway Company: DR
- Smoke generator Article number (digital): Seuthe steam unit no. 11
- Motor: 5-pole motor
- Smoke generator retrofittable: yes
- Head light: Both sides of the vehicle are equipped with direction dependent triple headlights.
- LED head light: yes
- Control: 2L - Digital
- Interface: Electrical interface for traction units PluX16
- Digital decoder: PluX16
- Sound: yes
- Length over buffer: 264 mm