Diesel railcar class 650 "Regio Shuttle" of the Deutsche Bahn.
■ For the first time with PluX sound decoder
■ Ideal for the use on branch lines
■ With interior lighting
■ Elaborately designed interior
For operation on less frequented lines, the Deutsche Bahn purchased a new local railcar in 1999 to replace older designs. The choice fell on the RegioShuttle 1, developed by the company ADtranz, which was designated class 650 by the DB AG. This type of vehicle has established itself mainly in southern Germany. The RS 1 is characterised above all by its innovative, trapezoidal-shaped ribbon windows. Two diesel engines with almost 250 HP each take the low-floor train to a top speed of 120 km/h. With an empty weight of 40 tonnes, the railcar, which offers seats for up to 101 passengers, is rather a lightweight vehicle.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm, in double traction 419 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Interior lighting - Yes