Steam locomotive class 52 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
Drive on two axles of the tender and via cardan shaft on all five powered axles of the locomotive.
■ Model without smoke deflectors
■ With fine metal spoked wheels
■ Drive and coupling rods made of precision casting
■ Z21 driver's cab available!
In the period between 1942 to 1950, over 7000 units of the class 52 war locomotive were built. These were constructed with as little effort as possible and savings were also made on the material wherever possible. With a weight of 84 tons, the loco achieved an output of 1,192 kW and a top speed of 80 km / h. The Deutsche Bundesbahn mainly got rid of the locomotives as early as 1953 - since it had sufficient machines of the series 50 and series 44 to haul the heavy goods trains. Only a few locomotives built in 1945 remained with the DB until 1962.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 7
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (analog) - Seuthe steam unit no. 10
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe steam unit no. 11