Steam locomotive 37 1009 (ex class 24) of the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
■ In operation condition of the early 70s
■ Leading wheel is a solid disc-wheel
The steam locomotive 24 009 was one of the five ex class 24 machines that remained with the DR after the war. It was the only locomotive that was used for a longer time. In 1970 the machine was transferred to the depot Stendal and yet received the new EDP number 37 1009-2.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Coupling - Close coupler motion link between locomotive and tender
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (analog) - Seuthe no. 10