Electric locomotive double traction Re 10/10 of the Swiss Federal Railways.
■ Consists of the loco Re 6/6 11672 and the loco Re 4/4ˡˡˡ 11361
■ Both are powered locomotives
■ Re 6/6 with coat of arms "Balerna"
■ Fine, separately applied ventilation grilles and windscreen wipers made of etched sheet metal
■ Both locomotives in traffic red paintwork RAL 3020
The double traction of the Re 4/4ˡˡˡ and the Re 6/6 is called Re 10/10 for simplicity. This designation is derived from the ten powered axles that the double train has and therefore does not refer to a particular locomotive type. The Re 10/10 are used by the SBB almost exclusively in front of heavy goods trains on the Saint Gotthard route. The potent duo manages to pull the allowed maximum load of 1.400 tonnes with the towing hook at a speed of 80 kilometers per hour on a gradient of 26 per mille.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 8
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 without close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Head light - Light changes true to the Swiss original - direction dependent
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22