Electric locomotive 1144 286 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
Mold variant !
■ New primary voltage converter, main switch and buffer
■ Prototypical axle bearing with encoder cable
■ Version with two different pantographs
■ The loco hauls passenger and goods trains in Austria and Germany
■ With switchable high beam and individually switchable headlight or tail light in digital mode
From 1976 to 1995, the ÖBB procured 217 units of the 1044 four-axle thyristor locomotive series. The 5,120 kW strong and up to 160 km/h fast locomotives shaped the state-of-the-art image of the ÖBB for many years. From 2002 all machines of the 1044 series were equipped with a push-pull control. This type of equipment made the vehicles, then designated series 1144, even more versatile.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.