DISCONTINUED PRODUCT This product is discontinued and no longer available from the manufacturer. We have qty 1 available in stock in our store.
Steam locomotive 50 2973 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
Drive on two tender axles and on all five driven axles of the locomotive via cardan shaft.
* Model with 3-dome boiler and Witte smoke deflectors
* Big lamps on top of the front buffer beam
* Set of delicately designed metal wheels and driving and coupling rods made of metal die cast
* The loco perfectly matches the mail train 74091
In the beginning, the steam locomotive was intended to replace the Prussian G 10 in the freight traffic, but by the end of the age of the steam locomotives the class 50 soon became a mixed-traffic locomotive. From 1939 to 1943, a total of 3,164 machines were produced in 21 different locomotive factories. After 1945 there remained over 2,000 locomotives at the German Federal Railways which had to undergo some major conversions, creating a variety of variants. The machines reached a maximum speed of 80 km / h, had a power output of approx. 1,200 kW and an axle load of 15 t.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 7
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe steam unit no. 11
- Flywheel - yes