Diesel locomotive class T 478.3 of the Czech State Railways.
* Rich detailing on the "Taucherbrille""Diving goggles". Model in green/grey livery.
* The locomotive hauls passenger trains and goods trains to Austrian and German border stations.
The so-called "Diving goggles" or "Cobra" was developed and built by the CKD in Prague. The first prototypes of the diesel locomotive class T 478.3 originated in 1968. With the idiosyncratic design of the window fronts, the visibility for the train drivers was to be improved, especially during coupling operations. This was one more reason why the locomotive has earned it the German nickname "Taucherbrille" "Diving goggles", together with the engine room windows which remind us of portholes.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units according to NEM 652 standards with plug-in fixture