Navigable minimum radius: The models of BR 001 are technically suitable for R 360. For best driving characteristics we recommend the use on R 420.
In 1930 Hannover railway depot received further 01 locomotives, including 01 088, which was supplied by Krupp, with the works serial number 1167. This was transferred in 1935 to the railway depot Magdeburg Hbf, but continued to run mainly on the east-west line between Berlin and Hannover. By the end of the war it was a Magdeburg locomotive, but was evidently stationed in the western occupation zones, in the area surrounding its home at the RAW Braunschweig (state railway improvement workshop), so that it took up a role in Hannover in 1947 after repairs. After the electrification of the north-south section, it was transferred to Osnabrück. Via two sojourns in Paderborn and Hamm, it returned to Osnabrück, from whence it was soon transferred to Rheine. At this time it ran with a tender 2'2T30 in the Netherlands among others - here it could only be turned on a 20 m turntable, dictated by the short tender. In 1964, 01 088 was finally stationed in southern Germany. It ended up at the Hof railway depot, where it continued to fly the flag for steam traction until 1973. In 1975 it was dismantled by Bavaria Stahlkontor in Grafenwöhr.• Road no.: 001 088-4